Can you take the Courses (either on line or in person) without getting Certified?
What are the Steps?
It is not necessary to have a specific program or certification process in mind to learn Shamanic Astrology. Many who take these courses are mainly interested in personal growth or are curious about this system.
Regardless of your intent, the best place to begin is with our foundational online course, The Map of Life and Archetypal Journey of the Soul, aka Script & Archetypes and Basic Chart Analysis..
In addition, you can contact our Managing Director at email@example.com with any questions and/or to discuss more about what SAMS has to offer.
The Shamanic Astrology (SA) Certification Program™supports individuals who desire to deepen their personal relationship with these mysteries.
Previous experience with astrology is not required to begin your journey.
This program involves a series of “degrees” intended to help a person focus on the courses that are aligned with their desire and provides additional tools for those who already have a healing or astrology practice, AND/OR are pursuing a path of self-care while also desiring to deepen their understanding of life’s mysteries.
The seven degrees or levels of certification can be applied to counseling, astronomy, self-help, spiritual work, helping and healing practices and much more.
To obtain a specified degree it is essential to complete the listed requirements. Many of these courses are now available online shamanicastrology.org with more being added each year. For current live events and new online offerings visit our events page.
There are currently four essential courses offered online. These 4 courses are sometimes offered in-person on an irregular basis.
The first course and best place to begin is The Map of Life and Archetypal Journey of the Soul course (a.k.a the Script and Archetypes) offered online.
Except where noted, any ongoing teleclass series or individual webinars currently do not count toward certification. However, they are a great way to learn more about the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm™.
Register for the certification program here.
Find more information at these links: Overview, Curriculum, Registration, Testimonials, Video Testimonials
The 7 degrees are as follows:
1) Shamanic Astrology Counselor
2) Shamanic Astrology Cosmology
3) Fully Certified and Initiated Shamanic Astrologer
4 ) Shamanic Astrology Mentor
5) Shamanic Astrology Cosmology Teacher
6) Shamanic Astrology Counseling Teacher
7) Master Shamanic Astrologer/Master Teacher
1st Degree – Shamanic Astrology Counselor
To complete certification in this Degree there are three courses. Additional requirements are listed below:
- The Map of Life: Journey of the Soul a.ka. Script and Archetypes Basic Chart Analysis (in-person or online)
- The Shamanic Timeline Initiations and Planetary Complexes (in-person or online)
- Sacred Marriage and Relationship Course (in-person or online)
Additional Requirements for 1st Degree Certification:
- Be a current member of the School and maintain membership at Bronze level or higher
- Pass the examinations for the above courses
- Sign the licensing agreement and align with the SAMS Code of Conduct
- Note: when you sign up for all three online courses together you will enjoy a special tuition rate. Contact our Managing Director for details.
- Attend a Shamanic Astrology orientation, online graduation for certification. If getting in person certification this is not required.
- There is a certification fee to join this program. $150 for non-members. $125 for members (Bronze or Higher)
- Have a certified Shamanic Astrology Mentor: Currently, Daniel Giamario, Cayelin Castell and Erik Roth are the Shamanic Astrology mentors (with additional mentors coming soon once they are trained). Mentoring runs $100 per hour. Currently a minimum of 5 mentoring sessions are required to go over exams (including a soon to be created Code of Ethics exam) and the practicum sessions you have done. There may be additions to this policy in the near future.
- Demonstrate a willingness to update your knowledge and skills by attending special weekend seminars, online classes, and/or longer in-person events that are offered annually, specifically geared toward updating skills as a counselor or teacher, in this organically evolving paradigm.
- If you are a counselor, coach, psychologist, helper, or healer, who is integrating the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm into your existing practice or simply desiring to do Shamanic Astrology sessions for others, you must submit at least 5 sessions (could be up to four 15 to 30 minute mini-sessions with one full session or some other combination) where you are using the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm. These sessions would also include a feedback form from the participant.
- Special Case GED: if you have NOT taken all the classes, but have the blessing of the Founders, and can demonstrate mastery of the material by passing the tests along with submission of 5 sessions with feedback forms (see above for more about session requirement) this acts as the equivalent of a GED (General Education Development)
Benefits Of The Program:
- You are invited and encouraged to use “Certified Shamanic Astrologer™” on your business card, website, or other forms of advertising.
- Attaining this designation prepares you to confidently add this paradigm into your existing practice, or to start your own Shamanic Astrology practice.
- The personal growth that occurs in gaining this designation supports you in experiencing greater overall happiness and well-being, enriching your life, and adding to your skill set.
- It also helps to expand your point of view about others in your life, using this archetypal profiling method to understand where they are coming from, along with what is true for them.
- This archetypal profiling system is extremely useful when used for team building and assessing the innate skills and mindset of individuals within a team. This allows for team members’ contributions and expertise to be best utilized for achieving the goals and intentions of the team.
- It may also provide you with unexpected opportunities that you haven’t thought of, for example, doing interviews, talks, or collaborations where you get to bring the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm™ to the collaboration.
2nd Degree – Shamanic Astrology Cosmology Practitioner
To be certified in this Degree, all of the requirements from the previous must be completed along with three additional courses including one in-person class on the Night Sky. You do NOT have to be a practicing Shamanic Astrology Counselor but are knowledgable about the paradigm. The knowledge gained from this degree takes you deeper into the Cosmology of our world and can be woven into your own astrology and/or spiritual practice.
Required Courses for the 2nd Degree
Include all the required Courses for 1st Degree Plus:
- Living Wisdom of the Inner Planets a.k.a the Synodic Cycles of Mercury, Venus, Mars and Moon (in-person or online)
- Turning of the Ages Cosmology Night Sky (in-person and online with live weekend requirement)
- Ceremonial and Initiatory Event at a Sacred Site – a Cosmogram or Heirophony (in-person) There have been a many different locations for this event. Currently, Daniel Giamario and Anyaa McAndrew hold annual Ceremonial Events in the UK. Find out more on Anyaa’s website and Daniel does events in Bali or other international locations. Also other international events at other sacred sites are future possibilities.
- Work with a Heirophony (a stone circle or other site for at least one year)
- Pass a final exam for both the Cosmology and Synodic cycles courses
- An all-night vision quest under the stars
3rd Degree – Fully Initiated Shamanic Astrologer
This Degree is a combination of the first two Degrees representing the original certification of a Shamanic Astrologer – 50% mastery of the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm and 50% mastery of our relationship with Earth and Sky.
Additional Required Classes for the 3rd Degree:
- Practicum – Counseling Techniques and How to Deal with Challenges, Building Your Practice, and Ethics (in-person and soon to be online)
- Ongoing Mentoring with a qualified Shamanic Astrology Mentor
- Complete a graduation project (Thesis) Consult with your Mentor to create a suitable project or use one of these:
- Do original research that adds to the existing body of knowledge – write a thesis
- Create a Study Guide for one or several of the courses or update existing ones
- Create a research project on any of the planetary cycles
- Create a project that helps to further market the school
- Create a project that helps to further our existing programs
- Propose additional programs that fit with the brand of the School
- Create a Course that blends Shamanic Astrology with another perspective – yoga, healing/energy work, etc.
- Ceremonial and Initiatory Event to receive 3rd Degree Certification at a Sacred Site – a Cosmogram or Heirophony (in-person)
- Graduates are required to maintain membership with the school to maintain their certification status.
- A program for continuing education credits online or in person is required. The exact requirements are still in process but Certified Shamanic Astrologers are required to maintain their certification by attending an online or in-person course designed to keep them up-to-date with the latest developments in the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm™.
4th Degree – Shamanic Astrology Mentor
This degree is for those who desire to mentor those training to be Shamanic Astrologers, representing an expanded original certification. After fulfilling the requirements of a Certified Shamanic Astrologer 3rd Degree, one is eligible to take Mentor Training. (This course is still in development)
- Engage in mentor training (coming soon)
- Complete the courses and pass all the exams for the previous degrees
5th Degree – Shamanic Astrology Cosmology Teacher/Mentor
This degree is intended to facilitate the ability to teach the Cosmology including the Turning of the Ages, astronomy and archeoastronomy at heirophanies and cosmograms. This degree builds on the Shamanic Astrology Mentor program and offers those trained at this degree an ability to teach these classes to fulfill certification requirements through the school.
Requirements for 5th Degree Certification
- Obtain a 3rd degree certification
- Pass the Cosmology written exam
- Apprentice teach (two or more courses) at official SAMS Cosmology events in conjunction with a founder or another certified 5th degree teacher. Skills will be evaluated as to your readiness to gain teaching certification. Demonstrate teaching skills under the night sky and cosmology class material.
- Interview with a founder or another 5th degree teacher
- Complete a project. You can come up with a suitable project or use one of these:
- Original research that adds to the existing body of knowledge
- Creation of an additional, or expanded, or upgraded hierophany
- Research and personal experience with a new (to you) sacred site location that features land, sky and calendric significance
- Discovery of a hierophany – research and work with it and write about it
- Document currently existing land/sky locations that are currently or have previously been used by SAMS. (Examples, Fish Lake Valley in Nevada, Faywood Hotsprings in New Mexico or other international sites like Callanish in Scotland or Portugal etc.)
- Creating the Cosmology teacher manual (a one-time project) or later updating the existing one once it’s completed.
Additional Notes: Currently there is no application fee for the 5th degree though that may change in the future. There is, however, a tuition fee for student teaching. Some exceptions may apply. Previously qualified member discounts still apply. The applicant will not earn money for teaching official SAMS courses until successfully completing the 5th degree requirements.
6th Degree – Shamanic Astrology Counseling Teacher
This Degree is intended to facilitate those who want to teach the core material of Shamanic Astrology, including The Life Map, Journey of Soul, Sacred Marriage, Shamanic Timeline and Synodic Cycles of Mars, Venus and Mercury Intensives.
- Complete Teacher Training on Counseling
- Complete the courses and pass all the Final Exams for the previous Degrees
- Complete the Shamanic Astrology Mentor Training
7th Degree – Master Shamanic Astrologer/Master Teacher
This Degree is intended to facilitate a person who wants to teach the entire paradigm of Shamanic Astrology, including counseling and cosmology.
In addition to completing the Previous Requirements:
- Complete Teacher Training on Cosmology
- Complete Teacher Training on Counseling
- Complete the courses and pass all Final Exams for the previous Degrees
- Complete the Shamanic Astrology Mentor Training
Register for the certification program here.
Occassionally the Shamanic Astrology Mystery School will offer an honorary degree for those who have served the school in a significant way or have demonstrated skill but have not fulfilled all the requirements. This is most likely the case in the higher degrees where the training program is still being developed. Honorary Teaching Degrees are not licensed to teach Shamanic Astrology for certification. However, they are likely to have taught classes outside of the Certification Program.
To date only one honorary degree has been awarded with more being added in 2019.