Can you take the Courses (either on line or in person) without getting Certified?
What are the Steps?
You do not need to have a specific program or certification process in mind to learn Shamanic Astrology. Many taking these courses are primarily interested in personal growth or are curious about this approach to the astrological mysteries as well as deepening their own connection to the land and sky.
Regardless of your intent, the best place to begin is with our foundational online course, The Map of Life and Archetypal Journey of the Soul, aka Script & Archetypes and Basic Chart Analysis..
In addition, you can contact our Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or to discuss more about what SAMS has to offer.
The Shamanic Astrology (SA) Certification Program™ supports individuals who desire to deepen their personal relationship with these mysteries and those who are building a Shamanic Astrology practice.
You Do NOT Need any previous experience with astrology to begin your journey.
There are two kinds of certification that can be applied to counseling, astronomy, self-help, spiritual work, helping/healing practices and much more.
To obtain a specified degree it is essential to complete the listed requirements. Many of these courses are now available online shamanicastrology.org with more being added each year. For current live events and new online offerings visit our events page.
There are currently five core courses offered online including the Sacred Marriage and Relationships, Night Sky Cosmology and the Synodic Cycles of the Inner Planets offering unique content not found in any other astrology school. These courses are sometimes offered in-person.
The first course and best place to begin is The Map of Life and Archetypal Journey of the Soul course (a.k.a the Script and Archetypes).
Except where noted, any ongoing teleclass series or individual webinars do not count toward certification.
However, these individual online classes are a great way to learn more about the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm™.
For those interested in completing these levels of certification Register HERE
If you are uncertain about the certification process we recommend you take at least one or more of these online or in person classes. Then if later you decide you are ready for certification you can always register prior to your certification ceremony.
Find more information at these links: Overview, Curriculum, Registration, Testimonials, Video Testimonials
Foundational Certification in Shamanic Astrology – Shamanic Astrology Counselor
Benefits of Foundational Certification:
- The foundational journey of learning Shamanic Astrology is one of rich personal insight and accelerated inner growth, as attested to by our current students and graduates (link to testimonials here).
- Shamanic Astrology offers revolutionary information describing your unique combination of archetypes and how to live in accord and resonance with your natal chart’s original intent; it also enables you to recognize and honor this full spectrum of archetypal possibilities in others, helping you to understand the multifaceted range of personal authenticity and to encourage and support this for yourself and with everyone you come in contact with in your life: in your intimate relationships, with family and friends, and in the context of your work in the world.
- The Foundational Certificate will provide you with the tools and experience to begin to explore the more in-depth pathways of the natal chart for yourself and with others. The practice of astrology takes time and experience to learn. All the basics you need to get started are provided as you study the Foundations.
- You are invited and encouraged to use “Foundations Certified Shamanic Astrologer™” on your business card, website, or other forms of advertising.
- Attaining this designation prepares you to confidently add this paradigm into your existing practice, or to start your own Shamanic Astrology practice.
- It also helps to expand your point of view about others in your life, using this full spectrum, archetypal understanding of tall the ways of being human (based on the natal chart) and there is a place for everyone on the wheel of life.
- This paradigm is extremely useful when used for team building and assessing the innate skills and mindset of individuals within a team. This allows for team members’ contributions and expertise to be best utilized for achieving the goals and intentions of the team.
- It may also provide you with unexpected opportunities that you haven’t thought of, for example, doing interviews, talks, or collaborations where you get to bring the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm™ to the collaboration.
To complete this certification there are three required courses. Additional requirements are listed below:
- The Map of Life: Journey of the Soul a.ka. Script and Archetypes Basic Chart Analysis (in-person or online)
- The Shamanic Timeline Initiations and Planetary Complexes (in-person or online)
- Sacred Marriage and Relationship Course (in-person or online)
Additional Requirements for Foundational Certification:
- Be a current member of the School and maintain membership at Bronze level or higher
- Pass the exams for the above courses
- Sign the licensing agreement and align with the SAMS Code of Conduct
- Note: when you sign up for all three online courses together you will enjoy a special tuition rate. Contact our Managing Director for details.
- In person graduation is NOT required but highly recommended as they are powerful and fun. Currently there are some opportunities for online graduation for foundational certification. Ask your mentor for further information. At this time circa 2019 graduations have happened both ways.
- There is a certification fee to join this program. $125 for SAMS members (Bronze or Higher)
- Those seeking Foundational Certification as a counselor, coach, psychologist, helper, or healer, who is integrating the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm into an existing practice or simply desiring to do Shamanic Astrology sessions for others, you must submit at least 4 sessions (could be up to three 15 to 30 minute mini-sessions with one full session or some other combination) where you are using the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm. These sessions would also include a feedback form from the person who received the session.
- Have a certified Shamanic Astrology Mentor: Currently, Daniel Giamario, Cayelin Castell, Erik Roth, and Levi Banner are the Shamanic Astrology mentors (with additional mentors coming soon once they are trained). Mentoring runs $100 per hour. Currently a minimum of 4 mentoring sessions are required to go over exams, code of ethics, lisencing agreement and the practicum sessions you have done. There may be additions to this policy in the future.
- Demonstrate a willingness to update your knowledge and skills by attending special weekend seminars, online classes, and/or longer in-person events that are offered annually, specifically geared toward updating skills as a counselor or teacher, in this organically evolving paradigm.
- Special Case GED: if you have NOT taken all the classes, but have the blessing of the Founders, and can demonstrate mastery of the material by passing the exams along with submission of 4 recorded sessions with feedback forms (see above for more about session requirement) this acts as the equivalent of a GED (General Education Development)
Fully Initiated Shamanic Astrologer
This certification is the original formulation of certification of a Shamanic Astrologer: 50% mastery of the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm and 50% mastery of our relationship with Earth and Sky.
Benefits of becoming a Full Initiated Shamanic Astrologer
With completion of the Foundational Certificate in Shamanic Astrology, an individual may continue personal work with Shamanic Astrology deepening their relationship with:
- Their own path of initiation with the astrological and cosmological movements and mysteries as revealed through first-hand interaction with the night sky and the planetary, stellar, and seasonal energies, as well as with sacred sites and hierophanies, so that an intuitive and reciprocal relationship is developed to receive direct guidance from the archetypal energies that emanate from the stars, planets, seasons and cycles through a living connection with Earth and Sky
- Their own natal chart and the charts of others through exposure, reflection, analysis, learning through one-to-one
dialogue, and participation in individual/group mentoring with a Shamanic Astrology Mentor
- Their own pathway of inner work toward self-transformation and personal individuation/integration
- Their own commitment to the process of world transformation through the practice of Shamanic Astrology with others, including the inherent responsibilities and ethics
- Their personal readiness to step into the role of becoming a fully initiated Shamanic Astrologer
Additional Required Classes for Fully Initiated Shamanic Astrologer:
Includes all the required Courses listed above for Foundational Certification AND:
- Living Wisdom of the Inner Planets a.k.a the Synodic Cycles of Mercury, Venus, Mars and Moon (in-person or online)
- Turning of the Ages Cosmology Night Sky (in-person and online with live weekend requirement)
- And/Or Ceremonial and Initiatory Event at a Sacred Site – a Cosmogram or Heirophony (in-person) There have been many different locations for this event over the years. Currently, Daniel Giamario and Anyaa McAndrew hold annual Ceremonial Events in the UK. Find out more on Anyaa’s website and Daniel does events in Bali or other international locations. Also other international events at other sacred sites are future possibilities. These events can also serve as a Graduation as long as all the requirements have been fulfilled.
- Practicum – Counseling Techniques and How to Deal with Challenges, Building Your Practice, and Ethics (in-person and soon to be online)
- Ongoing Mentoring with a qualified Shamanic Astrology Mentor
- Work with a Heirophony (a stone circle or other site for at least one year)
- Pass a final exam for both the Cosmology and Synodic cycles courses
- An all-night astrological vision quest under the stars
- Complete a graduation project (Thesis) Consult with your Mentor to create a suitable project or use one of these:
- Do original research that adds to the existing body of knowledge – write a thesis
- Create a Study Guide for one or several of the courses or update existing ones
- Create a research project on any of the planetary cycles
- Create a project that helps to further market the school
- Create a project that helps to further our existing programs
- Propose additional programs that fit with the brand of the School
- Create a Course that blends Shamanic Astrology with another perspective – yoga, healing/energy work, etc.
- In-person Ceremonial and Initiatory Event to receive this Certification
- Graduates are required to maintain membership with the school to maintain their certification status
- A program for continuing education credits online or in person is required. The exact requirements are still in process but Full Initiated Shamanic Astrologers are required to maintain their certification by attending an online or in-person course designed to keep them up-to-date with the latest developments in the Shamanic Astrology Paradigm™
Register for the certification program here.
Occassionally the Shamanic Astrology Mystery School will offer an honorary certification for those who have served the school in a significant way or have demonstrated skill but have not fulfilled all the requirements. This is most likely the case in the higher degrees where the training program is still being developed. Honorary Teaching Degrees are not licensed to teach Shamanic Astrology for certification. However, they are likely to have taught classes outside of the Certification Program.
To date only two honorary degree have been awarded.